The voice inside your head

Dear self!

I cannot change who I was and neither do I know who I am going to be. So I am going to write this to my present self.

Sumira !!!!!!!

I want you to zip zap zoom yourself back to your old self who once promised herself that she would never fall prey to any addictions. She will not let anything or anyone take control of herself then why?

Why is it Sumira, that your poor dropping eyes and marathon running fingers are forever crying out for some time off??

But at least I don't spend hours EVERY day taking selfies! Or spend time on Facebook. Heck! I don't even check my instafeed regularly or reply to my WhatsApp msgs.

EXACTLY! And yet you're ALWAYS and forever on your phone. Doing something COMPLETELY irrelevant. You DO realise that you're such a phone slave geek?

You spend many reckless hours matching clothes on a game originally meant for 14 year olds. You fight your sleep only to spend
 another meaningless hour filling colours in mandalas. Your fluttering mind like a butterfly doesn't even settle on one app. You keep hoping from one app to the other.

So much for zero screen time for your kid! Let's face it our kids are a reflection of our own selves and yours comes with your phone super glued to your hands and your head forever swivelling in the direction where your phone is at.

But it is supposed to be letters of love and this just seems to be brimming with hate!

It comes from a place of love though, yes?

Cut down on the phone time Sumira!

Yours
The voice inside your head



I'm thrilled to be participating in a five day 'LOL-a-thon' organised by 'The Momsteins'. Join us to read some wonderful letters written by 26 cool bloggers. Stay around to read some amazing letters coming up.



 I would like to thank Priyanka for introducing me. You can read her post here https://mommynshanaya.wordpress.com
I would also like to introduce my fellow blogger Pavneet  you can read her wonderful post on the prompt here https://vintage-mommy.com
    

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this Joy's voice whom you are referring as your inner voice?? 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so to the point and a true letter for your present self.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely letter. I could feel for every word you wrote. There has to be a lesser screen time for mommies too

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! looks like you already have a realization of life! i love how you've used the metaphors - butterfly mind, marathon fingers!! Sumira your writing talent never ceases to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts